What's it all about?

What's it all about?

I love cooking, and more importantly, eating good food and I set up this blog to share my favourite recipes, links and ideas with my friends and family.

I am a home cook. Not a particularly distinguished or accomplished one, but someone who simply enjoys honest, fresh and delicious food. I don’t enjoy pretentious restaurants and 'over done' dishes- the kind that you are afraid touch to with your fork for fear of ruining them! And for this reason, every recipe you find here will be simple and open to interpretation. I also believe it’s important to put your own stamp on the food you make so please feel free to change things and substitute ingredients as you wish. Enjoy!

18 March 2014

Stirfried pork with green beans and oyster sauce


I made this for dinner last night and it was good!

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 3 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 2 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp caster sugar
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 100ml water
  • 400g pork fillet, cut into thin slices
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
  • 1 red birds eye chilli finely sliced (seeds left in)
  • 1 red onion, cut into chunky pieces
  • 140g green beans, halved
  • Cooked rice to serve

Method
  1. In a small bowl mix together the lime juice, oyster sauce, soy sauce and caster sugar. Set aside, and unless you don’t mind your smoke alarm going off, I’d open a window now- it’s going to get smoky in a minute!
  2. Heat a large wok until it is screaming hot. Add the sesame oil and quickly stirfry the pork until it is lightly browned.
  3. Add all of the vegetables and stirfry for about two minutes. Then add the sauce and the water. Keep stirfrying for another 2-3 minutes until the beans are just tender and the sauce has reduced slightly.
  4. Serve with boiled or steamed rice- I put this on to cook before doing all the chopping and cooking for the stirfry, then they will be ready at about the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment