What's it all about?

What's it all about?

I love cooking, and more importantly, eating good food and I set up this blog to share my favourite recipes, links and ideas with my friends and family.

I am a home cook. Not a particularly distinguished or accomplished one, but someone who simply enjoys honest, fresh and delicious food. I don’t enjoy pretentious restaurants and 'over done' dishes- the kind that you are afraid touch to with your fork for fear of ruining them! And for this reason, every recipe you find here will be simple and open to interpretation. I also believe it’s important to put your own stamp on the food you make so please feel free to change things and substitute ingredients as you wish. Enjoy!

8 May 2014

Greek style salad



This is a regular fixture in my household come summer. It is especially good with barbeque food.

Ingredients
  • ½ a cucumber
  • Small bag of cherry tomatoes or tomatoes on the vine
  • Small pack of basil
  • ½ pack of feta
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • small red onion, finely sliced
  • Salt and pepper

Method
  1. Chop the cucumber into small dice and place in a large salad bowl with the onion.
  2. Halve the tomatoes and add to the bowl with the torn up basil leaves.
  3. Crumble over the feta with your hands.
  4. Dress the salad with about 2-3tbsp of olive oil and season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment