What's it all about?

What's it all about?

I love cooking, and more importantly, eating good food and I set up this blog to share my favourite recipes, links and ideas with my friends and family.

I am a home cook. Not a particularly distinguished or accomplished one, but someone who simply enjoys honest, fresh and delicious food. I don’t enjoy pretentious restaurants and 'over done' dishes- the kind that you are afraid touch to with your fork for fear of ruining them! And for this reason, every recipe you find here will be simple and open to interpretation. I also believe it’s important to put your own stamp on the food you make so please feel free to change things and substitute ingredients as you wish. Enjoy!

20 May 2014

Sunshine smoothie


This glorious concoction of fruit and yoghurt felt right on Saturday morning. I drank it while sunning myself in the garden.

Ingredients
  • 1 very ripe mango
  • 1 small box of ripe strawberries
  • 6 tbsp low fat vanilla yoghurt (I used Rachel’s)
  • Small cup of good quality cloudy apple juice

Method
  1. Stone and skin the mango, wash and chop the strawberries then blitz everything in a blender until there are no lumps left.
  2. Check for taste and consistency before serving- if the smoothie is too thick, add a little more juice, too tart add a little more yoghurt and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment